Thursday 25 June 2015

The Satan Within


The mornings are surreal with cool whip of breeze now and then that fills my nostrils with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the fragrance of the white lilies and bougainvillea that host upon the age old walls of the building next door, both redolence’ amalgamated in a fashion of oneness.

Yet another Mumbai morning!

Rains came pouring down my window pane and it demanded a huge effort from my end to just move out of the mollycoddles of my furs. It is a huge task. I surrender.

It was 9:15 AM and I recalled the last night’s conversation. It was after midnight and none of us wanted to leave the company we had.

[What an invention! Graham Bell, you rest in peace buddy.] You have brought the world together.

And lo! The Satan in me lives! Yet again I let loose my Frankenstein. I am basking in pure love. I am being selfish. I am drawn in by the desires of race. I unveil the alluring side and let the dark chide away. But it exists! And the prominence of its presence is stunning. It lives in the camouflage of my goodness.

Dark is beautiful, it is magnetic.

My phone rings and breaks the continuity of my thoughts.

The Lady in black takes the back seat but the desire is overpowering me. I need to fly back in time and let loose the wings that I kept folded. Let myself be loved and pampered. I deserve it. She is screaming from behind the dark caverns. Let me out. I am you and I live!

Voice at the other end murmured something I couldn’t comprehend. I nodded in consensus.

We have nothing. Absolutely nothing between us! But this nothingness is beautiful. No judgment, just a bowl full of right proportions of all that makes a human ‘a human’ basically. Technically, this could be the best that a life can offer. I will not relinquish the gourmet in accord.

But the much coveted fruits come with a price. That’s where you find the dead end. It’s either a right or a left.

The rage begins!

The tempest tears me apart and I choose to unfurl the insatiable desire.  I choose you but I do not let go of my lady. She is beautiful. She gives me pleasure. Her dark soft mane is comforting. I am a traveler of different ships and I drown in chivalry.

Its 10:30 AM.  I cut the ends loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment