Monday 29 June 2015

Djinn in My Dream

The Jungle was lush green. It had rained quite a lot and each leaf was more of Kelly and harlequin. The brightness made me shudder as one ray of sun pierced through my skin through the darker canopy above.

Where was I?

I couldn’t see the mud. Lavish moss spread like a king over the dead sycamore.

A loud hiss took my fascination. I turned around to see a giant creature standing tall, overpowering everything around. It was mighty and the scales were shining as the rays fell on him as if honoring his presence.

The car honked to a stop. We had reached the destination. We crossed the lanes to reach the office premises and as I waited for him to summon the meeting, it returned.

I was tired. I had been running for miles now. The jungle seemed to close in. I could see no way out. I was scared. I ran hysterically though the woods. The spider webs had walled me with an uncertainty. There was a small cavern in the vicinity. It was dark inside and I was vacillating my choices. It seemed erroneous.

The distance was closing and I could feel the heat of the fangs. The hiss grew louder and clearer.

We have rescheduled the meeting to 1300 due to some emergency. We had 40 minutes on hand. I took a sigh and tried to relax.

I turned around; he was looking straight into my eyes. There was nowhere I could run and I could see the evident end. The jungle was unknown, ruthless with the beast. It showed no mercy. I looked into the deathly eyes, red and appalling. It was staring at me, mocking my perseverance.

Why was it following me; that ghastly creature?

It was time to confront one last time. It did not look exasperated but what could a lady as docile as me do to save herself from the horror. There was nowhere I could go.  I closed my eyes, my heart was sinking. The ship had no life-boats and land was not insight. I was in the state of acceptance. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

Your bank accounts have been frozen due to heavy debts.

It was then that I realized it wanted to say something. It was my gates to freedom. Never did it harm me or even tried to harm me. I just had to stop running away and find my answers to the riddle. I followed it to the maze and the smell of the sandal-wood was ravishing. I knew the slithering death that the woods held in its chest. I had to find a way out. He was the djinn.  I was running away from my only assuage. I smiled and moved towards it.

I handpicked every piece of my strength that had dissipated, bundled it up and went into the conference room.


My son was in the hospital. He needed treatment and this deal needs to close.

No comments:

Post a Comment